Maple Day is Back!
It’s maple season! Join us for this community event at the South Shore YMCA Natural Science Center to celebrate the New England maple sugaring season. The day will be equally educational and delicious – with a tree tapping demonstration, nature walks, kids crafts, live music, maple taste tests, a maple lab, maple food vendors, and more!
This event is free and open to the community, rain or shine. Food & beverage will be available for purchase from local vendors with a sweet maple twist!
Events & Entertainment
- Tree Tapping Demonstration & Sap Boil
- Jim’s Maple Lab
- Massachusetts South Shore Woodturners
- Plymouth County Beekeepers Association
- Tap a Tree Nature Walks (11am, 12pm, 1pm) *times subject to change
- Climate Investigation & Taste Test: Is the future sweet for Sugar Maple?
- Chuck Vermette Band
- Kids Maple Crafts
- Scavenger Hunt
- Maple Music Station
- Maple Mud Kitchen
- EcoZone exploration
- Big Ryan’s Tall Tales (Show at 1:15pm, behind Science Center main building)
- Campfire Stories – Cozy up around the fire pit to enjoy some of our favorite Maple themed story books
Food & Beverage
- Mom on the Go, featuring maple bacon grilled cheese
- Mrs. Mekler’s Mercantile, featuring infused maple syrups & handcrafted treats
- LollyJolly Waffles, featuring classic waffles with maple syrup & chicken and waffles with bourbon-infused maple syrup
- Lady Sunshine Coffee, featuring Maple coffee drinks, maple sunshine mix, & maple bacon donuts
- Maple Sugar Popcorn samples
- Pancakes & maple syrup samples
For more details on Maple Day, contact Sarah Kugel at email@example.com