It’s Cranberry Season!
CRANBERRY DAY IS BACK! Join us for this community event at the South Shore YMCA Natural Science Center to celebrate the 200+ year cultivation of cranberries in Massachusetts. The day will be filled with free cranberry STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) activities for all ages. There will also be a variety of free cranberry taste tests and samples, as well as select local cranberry items available for purchase.
Cranberry Day will be held rain or shine.
- DATE: Saturday, November 11, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- LOCATION: South Shore YMCA Natural Science Center (48 Jacobs Ln, Norwell)
- Free & open to the public, no registration required
CRANBERRY DAY ACTIVITIES
- Hands-on cranberry harvest simulations
- Cranberry taste tests
- Cranberry engineering activities
- Cranberry arts & crafts
- StoryWalk nature trail
- EcoZone exploration & scavenger hunt
- Professor Jim’s Cranberry Science Lab
- AND MORE!
Enjoy delicious treats and cranberry samples from the following local vendors at our Cranberry Day celebration.
- Shine Mobile Coffee: Coffee, hot chocolate, and cranberry muffins! Click here to learn more.
- Kiss Flower Farm: Jams & Spreads including 4 different locally made cranberry sauces (farmhouse classic, cranberry apple, cranberry orange, & farmhouse spiced with cayenne). Click here to learn more.
- Thyme Traveling Food Truck: Butternut squash soup with dried cranberry and toasted pumpkin seed garnish & other fall delights. Click here to learn more.
For more details or to participate as a vendor or volunteer, contact Sarah Kugel at firstname.lastname@example.org
HONORING OUR VETERANS
In honor of Veteran’s Day, we will have a free cranberry treat for all Veterans while supplies last.